Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Book Review - Midnight For Charlie Bone by Jenny Nimmo

Midnight for Charlie Bone (The Children of the Red King, Book 1) Midnight for Charlie Bone by Jenny Nimmo


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Charlie Bone has grown up knowing that his family is a little - okay a lot - different than most. Little does he know that his family are descendents of the Red King and that he has passed down his powers to them. Now Charlie Bone has discovered an unusual gift-he can hear people in photographs talking! His scheming aunts decide to send him to Bloor Academy, a school for genius's where he uses his gifts to discover the truth despite all the dangers that lie ahead.
I really liked this book. I think the lack of deadly violence was the part I liked the most. I got very tired of having people die in the Harry Potter series. In this series, they don't die - they are found. I also like the way each character has a different endowment. This makes it interesting to see how their particular endowment works for and against the other characters.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment