Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Book Review - 13 Words by Lemony Snicket

13 Words13 Words by Lemony Snicket

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


Bird - Despondent - Cake. These are words Lemony Snicket uses in his new picture book 13 Words.

Okay - enough said about the book's premise. I did not like this book. Mainly I do not think it should be a picture book. At least that is where our cataloger chose to place it. The book actually gave me the creeps. The bird is despondent. It reminds me of the Raven of Poe fame. The pictures are colorful but remind me of an Edvard Munch painting. (Think The Scream.) I don't believe children will appreciate or even get the imagery presented by way of a book on a table by Kafka or an angel playing a tambourine. I don't even understand some of it.

My recommendation for this book is - give it a miss.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment