Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Read Your Own Books #2

Okay so I went over to 25 Hour Books, a blog I was directed to by Mel, and found some interesting help for my book addiction.

#1 - I need to figure out what I own. I have been known to buy the same book 2 or 3 times.
#2 - Having a good friend - in this case Mel - who will keep you on the straight and narrow.
#3 - Realizing the wonderful book I saw on the shelf at the library will be here for a while. Read what I have & let someone else have first crack at it.
#4 - Admitting I have an addiction in the first place. I know I would be happy in a room surrounded by books with nothing but a comfy chair and some chips (and a Dr. Pepper too!) I could survive that way for a long time as long as you keep the chips and Dr. Pepper coming. I even think going to jail would not be so bad if they allowed me to have all the books I could read! That is how addicted I am. I measure every bad situation with "I could do it if I had a book."

This month will be tough but I am going to make it and break this addiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment