Friday, December 2, 2011

Book Review - Yesterday I Had the Blues by Jeron Ashford Frame

Yesterday I Had the BluesYesterday I Had the Blues by Jeron Ashford Frame

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


"Yesterday I had the blues... but today I got the greens." What does having the blues mean? How do you have the greens anyway? Frame brings us a whole rainbow of colors to feel in this wonderful story of one boy, his family and their range of moods and emotions.
This books screams to be read aloud. Read aloud in a slow, soulful voice. I loved it enough to read outloud in the middle of the Children's Department so everyone could hear me. Everyone nodded their heads in agreement as they listened to all the different descriptions of the moods - blue, green, gray, etc. I think we all have felt each different description at one time or another. But the best part is the ending - "the kind of family makes you feel like it's all golden." RIGHT ON!!!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment